Thursday, September 23, 2010

Samurai Edge Beretta M92F

I created two of these handguns, simultaneously, as it's easier, both for friends and their Resident Evil cosplays.

Here's a "real" Samurai Edge:


Yet again, I didn't document from the beginning, though I have some progress photos this time around.  I started by tracing the profile of my M92F airsoft gun onto cardboard several times.  Once I had seven of these traced, I cut the proper details into some of them, such as for the slide and sights and glued them together.  This was the result:
 
 

As you can see, the corrugations are still present, and that's the next thing to take care of, so, not having enough hot glue to do the job, I had to use Sobo glue(essentially a tacky white glue made for heavier crafts) just because I had it sitting around from school.  After which, I scraped it smooth with some scrap cardboard for a smooth finish:

This step's self-explanatory(and very, very boring):

After this, I hit both up with several coats of black acrylic paint:

And finally, my favorite part, detailing:


And done!


These were used by my friends Whitney and Nick for their Jill Valentine and Chris Redfield costumes:


I'd make one for myself, but I got my hands on a $6 plastic M92F from Wal-Mart, complete with suppressor, LED flashlight, and tactical sight, as well as with firing sounds, suppressed firing sounds, and cocking sounds.  It also blows back when the trigger is pulled.  All I had to do was re-paint it.  It's freaking awesome, so no, I won't be making one for my Wesker costume.  :P

2 comments:

Unknown said...

pls watch my own cardboard gun on this link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tApFrHpzYI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZiEiA9PSmA
pls. don't forget to leave comments. tahnks

Cardboard Armory said...

Looks pretty awesome, Junior.

Nice craftsmanship. I'd love to see that thing painted!

Post a Comment

 
Free Flash TemplatesRiad In FezFree joomla templatesAgence Web MarocMusic Videos OnlineFree Website templateswww.seodesign.usFree Wordpress Themeswww.freethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesSoccer Videos OnlineFree Wordpress ThemesFree CSS Templates Dreamweaver